19 June 2010

steadier footing

in order to keep myself busy and relatively sober, i've created a queue list of books that need reading. they are currently aligned on a shelf in plain sight so i know what's in store for me and everytime i look at the books, i get so excited. so the queue is as follows:

eat, pray, love by elizabeth gilbert (currently reading)
eclipse by stephanie meyer (rereading before the movie)
the short second life of bree tanner by stephanie meyer (i feel like everyone's judging me now)
the glass castle by jeannette walls (rereading because i love it)
the reader by bernhard schlink
the girl with the dragon tattoo by stieg larsson
the memory keeper's daughter by kim edwards
death by black hole and other cosmic quandaries by neil degrasse tyson (my nerdy science read)

so looks like i have a good week ahead of me. i started this queue list because i love reading, but mainly to take some of the pressure off of paul. i feel like ever since my dad died, i've had to be with paul at all times. i haven't been working, i haven't been writing, i haven't really done anything. it's been hard being alone. not that i want to be social, because i definitely don't want to do that. i just don't want to be alone. paul makes me happy, even when he's just sitting there. and i really like being happy.

it's hard trying to find things to make you happy when you're so set on being unhappy. so i've decided to be happy and (re)find things that make me happy. so far, i've (re)found fundip, books, playing my bass, and sumatra. but for the most part, those are things i enjoy alone.

next step, things i enjoy doing with my dear friends who have been so so patient with me. and getting a job. that's also on the agenda. eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment