21 February 2011

day one.

i'm not normally the most consistent person and this blog has been an unfortunate product of my "try new things...every 5 minutes" mentality. i also didn't post the most uplifting material due to a really pitiful and self-destructing outlook.

but having been encouraged by a friend's journey on the other side of the country, i have decided to resuscitate this thing and take it along on my journey.

in the past year after my father's death, so many changes have happened in my life. some good, some not so good.

the good list
i started school at paul mitchell
(on my way to having a fun skill)

had a few meltdowns
(through these, i saw what a strong and loving man paul is)

adopted chuckles
(although i think he hates me now)

visited the beautiful state of montana
(and found my future residence!)

went to yellowstone national park
(breathtaking!)

the not-so-good list
i took all of my frustrations out on my hair
(and now i barely have any)

i also began eating my feelings
(and gained 15 lbs)

i've lost interest in things that usually bring me joy
(i prefer to stay home...all the time)


the good list gives me hope that i'll have a successful career, relationship with paul, and that i don't have to live in the hottest, most humid, ugliest city in the US.

the not-so-good list gives me something to do until then. my goals are to start minding what i eat (i don't have a teenager's metabolism anymore...) start exercising, and start finding things that i can do that bring me joy on a daily basis. basically, my goals are to get more out of life, health, and myself.

i'll be taking baby steps, i don't want to burn out. i will definitely be following rachel's blog for yummy, healthy recipes. i also plan on going on walks to exercise and take time to myself to think and see all of the beautiful things i might be missing about columbia.

and, by george, i hope to document my journey on this blog. and if it's not as entertaining as you might hope...go check out rachel's blog (have i plugged it enough yet?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment